Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation (NARRI Consortium: DIPECHO VIII)
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka (with extensive field visit)|
|Types of contract||:||Contractual position|
|Number of position||:||1 (one)|
ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) is a unique partnership of people striving towards its mission of working “with poor and excluded people to eradicate poverty and injustice” in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, Australia, the Americas and Europe. Under the federation ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB) is working in partnership with ten other INGOs (Oxfam GB, Islamic Relief Worldwide, Concern Universal, Plan International, Concern Worldwide, CARE International, Solidarity International, Handicap International and HelpAge International) has initiated a concerted Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR) and Humanitarian Assistance program under one umbrella named NARRI (National Alliance for Risk Reduction Initiative). AAB anchors the secretariat headed by the Consortium Manager who will coordinate the work between these INGOs and ensure compliance to donor and effective implementation of the program. We seek a dynamic team player for Consortium Secretariat for DIPECHO-VIII project with Monitoring and Evaluation excellence, pro-activeness and multidisciplinary skilled for the position of Manager- Monitoring and Evaluation.
The Manager – Monitoring & Evaluation will be attached to the NARRI Consortium Secretariat for DIPECHO-VIII project and will be reporting to the Consortium Manager on a day to day basis.
Key responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Designing the monitoring and evaluation framework for all the eight DIPECHO implementing NARRI partners in consent with DIPECHO managers of the eight individual INGOs, to ensure that project beneficiaries are not barred to get access to their entitlement due to our process or intervention;
- Testing of the monitoring and evaluation framework in the field;
- Regular monitoring of the project in the field in close collaboration with DIPECHO managers;
- Coordinate with consortium partners’ managers to ensure required data is collected, collated and analyzed to prepare periodic reports for the overall program, which reflects a holistic progress of the project;
- Capacity building of the eight INGOs and their partners on monitoring and evaluation of the program;
- Preparation of the monthly update focusing on financial and non-financial progress;
- Capture and document case studies and lessons learnt or promising practices on M&E system in the field, share knowledge it with the secretariat manager for larger dissemination and formulate recommendations to improve M&E in the project;
- Act as the lead in preparing of the mid-term report and the end term report for the consortium to be submitted to the donor;
- Help the secretariat manager in organizing visits and/or meetings for the donors and other key stakeholders in the field and at organizational level;
- Prepare the ToR for baseline, end line evaluation of the program;
- Coordinate with other INGOs and the external agency/individual in conducting the baseline/end line in the field;
- Prepare ToR for various works like studies, documentation & research assigned, media campaign, visibility to the secretariat;
- Assist in preparing and presenting project achievements to other stakeholders like government
- Counterparts ECB (Exposure of the project)
- Liaise with the external agency for proper maintenance and regular update of the DIPECHO
The candidate will report to Consortium Manager for DIPECHO VIII of ActionAid Bangladesh. She/he is expected to maintain functional relationship with her/his peers in team, priority and project management team. S/he must be able to communicate with other teams and units, both program and function. S/he is expected to maintain relationship with relevant Government and Non-government agencies at the national and local level partner organisations and other stakeholders.
Required qualification and competencies
We seek a candidate with a minimum 5 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience in multi-partner or consortium project related to DRR and emergencies along with a post graduate degree in the relevant field. The candidate must have excellent knowledge about disaster risk management and working in an ECHO funded project. Whilst experience in dealing with donor accountability, Gender Marker and Resilience Index is a must. Excellent writing and communication skills in English are required. Proficiency in Bangla Language will be an asset. She/he should excel on writing proposals/reports and possess excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must be aligned to ActionAid values, with ability to work in sensitive, challenging and multicultural work environment.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Monday, August 03, 2015 on or before 5:00 PM
- Please click here to find the prescribed Job Application Format.
- Please send the filled in Job Application Format to email@example.com
- Mention the name of the position applied for in subject of the e-mail
- Attach a cover letter justifying your suitability (please address Director – HROD & ICT)
ActionAid aims to attract and select a diverse workforce with skills and capabilities to fulfill requirements. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.