The USAID/Bangladesh mission website has been moved as part of the redesign of the USAID website.
Vacancy: Administrative Assistant (Floating), FSN-6 (01)
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Bangladesh is seeking applications from qualified Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Administrative Assistant (Floating) in the Executive Office (EXO).
- Candidates for employment are generally hired at the first step of the established grade of the position. In some instances, candidate may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications so warrant. If there are no qualified candidates at the stated grade level, a candidate may be hired at a lower grade level.
- NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
- BASIC FUNCTION: This position is located in the Executive Office (EXO). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a year round Administrative Assistant providing Mission-wide support to the different offices as the need arises, and as such, perform a
- comprehensive range of procedural, administrative and secretarial functions. The primary function is to provide administrative and secretarial coverage for Administrative Assistants who are on leave. Additionally, the Floating Administrative Assistant will assist Offices/teams with occasional clerical and administrative tasks as the need arises and schedule permits. This position will also provide the administrative support requirements of the Mission`s Development Leadership Initiative. Mission-wide clerical and administrative tasks will be coordinated by EXO. The Floating Admin Assistant must be multi-talented and able to assist with a variety of administrative tasks.
Job Description / Responsibility
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secretarial and Administrative Duties:
- Using automated data processing equipment and software, types, prints, and reproduces correspondence. Establishes and maintains files for correspondence, cables, memos and faxes; according to USAID procedures and standards. Takes the initiative to act on routine matters.
- Manages the correspondence control system. Receives, screens, and insures correct distribution of mail, attaching relevant background material. Reviews outgoing correspondence/files for proper address, routing and attachments prior to transmission. Records, tracks and properly distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence. Reviews and takes appropriate action on documents in the in and out boxes.
- Researches, collects, reviews and interprets information, both general and technical, required to draft non-technical correspondence. Searches files and records to assemble background information for needed reports.
- Composes non-technical correspondence in both Bangla and English. Translates from English to Bangla non-complex, non-technical correspondence. Reviews own correspondence for typographical and grammatical accuracy and conformance with Mission formatting procedures. with the agreement. Ensures that obligations, expenditures and pipelines conform to
- action plans, agreements, and budgets. Reviews activity budgets for appropriateness. Works in collaboration with the PHNE Office in ensuring that implementing partners prepare quarterly accruals and other reports. e. Receives and places telephone calls in English and Bangla, takes and leaves message; answers questions or directs callers to other staff members; sets up meetings and schedules appointments; receives and assists visitors.
- Assists with the coordinating and the logistical set up of meetings, field trips, retreats, off-site training, seminar and workshops including meeting room, meals, travel and hotel arrangements
- Assists with various department specific administrative functions such as assistance in the preparation of contracts, travel requests, transportation requests, purchase requests and completion of different forms and reports. Keeps on hand a supply of commonly used Mission forms as well as key documents.
- Maintains Leave Plan of all members of the team they are supporting. Prepares Time and Attendance sheets and serves as a timekeeper in WebTA for staff.
- Prepares USAID specific software requisitions for Mission functions.
- Prepare requisitions for office supplies, repairs on office equipment, printing services and maintenance request for residences. Maintains stock levels of all standard office supplies and reorders as required.
- Makes domestic and international travel arrangements for the staff. Assures arrangements for large meetings and conferences are made, including meeting rooms, meals, ground transportation, clerical support, translation services (if required); etc.
- Prepares petty cash and representational funds requests.
- General Services Support:
- Shares in the responsibility to the Mission in achieving and supporting teams for delivery of overall executive administrative and management support services. Provides logistic support and acts as a point of contact for visiting Temporary Duty (TDY) personnel as delegated by the assigned office director. Advises employees on general support matters – e.g., requisitions for maintenance, including information and instructions on preparation of work order requests, requests for nonexpendable and expendable property – and fields general questions. Assists the Procurement Agent in the receipt and review of incoming requests for residential maintenance work and property and keeps an electronic log of their receipt. Assists the assigned team in need.
Completion of Secondary level education is required. (You must attach a copy of your certificate along with your application form.)
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age At least 18 year(s)
- Prior Work Experience: Three to five years of experience in administrative areas is required.
- Knowledge: Must have good working knowledge of administrative and filing procedures. A basic knowledge of
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- Other benefits are as per organization policy.
- Depending on qualifications and experience, Incumbent may be hired at a trainee grade (lower than the position grade)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents either by regular mail (postal service) or deliver by hand to the South barrier of the U.S. Embassy to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Filled up an application form. The application forms ( AID-302- 3) are available on our website
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
All Bangladeshi applicants must complete the application form and must attach the following documents; if you do not attach the below-mentioned documents, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed further:
I) A passport size photograph (taken within six months), and;
II) A copy of Passport or Voter ID or Driver’s License, and;
III) A copy of educational or trade school certificate as required.
Inaccuracies, omissions or false statements may be cause for disqualification or termination of employment. Information given on the application may be verified at any time.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
Address: Embassy of the United States of America
Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka – 1212
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline: May 23, 2017