- Make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- Read the System Requirements.
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). For more information about product keys and when they are required, visit the FAQ page.
If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 but aren’t seeing the icon, this article will help you find out why, and if you can get the app.
Some possible causes are:
- If your device is or has been connected to a domain, or is managed by a system administrator, it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation. Check with your IT administrator.
- If your copy of Windows is not genuine, or if you have a Volume License copy (intended for businesses), the icon will not appear. To check this, open a Command Prompt (from the Start menu or screen, search for cmd, right-click on Command Prompt in the results and select Run as administrator), type slmgr /dli and then hit Enter. A window will appear with the channel in the Description line (Retail, OEM, or Volume), and the License Status. If your copy of Windows is not activated, refer to Knowledge Base article 950929 for more information. If you have a Volume License copy, it does not qualify for the free upgrade.
Image Posted on Updated on
Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use. After It includes an improved Start menu and is designed to startup and resume fast. Plus, it’s packed with new innovations including Microsoft Edge – an all-new browser. Your personal files and even pinned apps will be there for you. We’ve designed the upgrade to be easy and compatible with the hardware and software you already use with your docs and files preserved. Read the rest of this entry »